- Track your orders
- Save your details for express checkout
CHARCOAL SOLDERING BLOCK - NATURAL
Solder on charcoal for great heat reflection 140 x 70 x 30mm
Jewellers have been soldering on charcoal blocks as a refractory material for centuries.
Blocks should be wrapped with wire to prevent breakage and prolong their life.
Charcoal blocks have several benefits.
- They absorb very little heat and reflect it back, causing pieces to heat up faster.
- They provide a reducing atmosphere (this consumes the oxygen around the piece being soldered which helps to prevent fire scale)
- They can have pins shoved right into them.
- Broken pieces can be re-used.
- The surface can be re-sanded to like-new.
- They’re made of natural organic material. Wood, such as ash, beech, oak, walnut, elm, and a few others